New Year Refresh: How to Get and Stay Organized
Are you looking to be more organized this year? Many people may have this as a New Year's goal, but don't know where to begin. If this is you, or you would like a refresh for your work/life balance, read on!
We'll let you in on a secret: Being an organized person isn’t a magic trick – it’s merely all about forming healthy habits.
That's right! And forming healthy habits leads to powerful and long-lasting change. Being organized allows you to have more time and energy to focus on what's important in your life. For example, your schedule may be more flexible, you'll be less likely to be stressed out, and you may have more room for creativity! Furthermore, you have less risk of burnout and your productivity will be increased.
Ready to learn the best tips to be more organized?
Write things down - One of our top ways to be more organized is by writing it down. This allows you to stop thinking about something and frees up more space in your mind. By relying on memory alone, you are more likely to forget something. We recommend taking the time to jot down daily to-do's and important dates in a planner or notebook.
Keep your To-Do list current - It is important to keep detailed to-do lists for virtually everything you need to get done. It does take a certain amount of planning, but once you get in the habit of keeping up to date with everything, you will thank yourself later.
Declutter your physical and virtual space - Having a clean, welcoming office and home space helps you feel more confident, creative, and even reduces anxiety! This also means reducing digital clutter. Set aside time regularly for a routine decluttering in order to protect your future self from unnecessary stress.
Have a place for everything - This makes decluttering much easier in the long run. If you are like most people who tend to scatter clothes and random items around your space, then this tip is for you. It is important to create a space for everything in your home, and then put everything in its place. By doing this, you will save time and effort later on.
- Have a routine - It's very important to create routines for a balanced life. By staying on top of some regular routines, no matter how small, will create an overall pattern of organization. For instance, you can start by carving out just 10 minutes each day to complete certain household tasks, such as sorting through the mail, taking out the recycling, and other quick cleaning tasks. Do your best to stick to this daily routine. Besides making you feel more organized, you’ll also save a lot of time in the long run!
We suggest our A5 Notebooks and Mini Sticky Notebooks to help you get started! We especially love the Vanilla Bean cover, which is so calming and inspiring at the same time. These two make a perfect pair and will look great on any desk!
Vanilla Bean A5 Notebook
- Elegant Vanilla Bean speckles are beautifully rendered, adorned with flecks of copper foil on our line of flexible cover, dot-grid, A5 Notebooks.
- With 140 pages of 5mm dot-grid paper this is an excellent canvas for bullet journaling, list-making, all forms of writing and doodling. Bring it everywhere you go!
- Handsome exposed, section-sewn binding means the notebook lies flat when open on any page.
Pastel Color Block Mini Sticky Book
- Mini Sticky Books are a convenient way to bring notepaper along for lists, jotting down a phone number or errand, or passing a note to a friend.
- Our own artwork makes a great gift for friends of all ages. On-trend designs like this one with classic modern speckles on a light pink cover keep it neat.