Fall is Apple Season!
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right?
Whether you have gone apple picking recently and have too many apples at home, or just love the taste of this classic fall fruit, there are so many tasty ways to enjoy it. You can also enjoy an apple on our cute Apple Girl Sticky Notebook, featured below.
Apples bake up beautifully in a galette! In this easy gluten free recipe, the apples are combined with nuts, which bring a nice texture to the filling. You can omit them altogether and just have a filling of apples, sugar, and spices, but the addition of the nuts adds to the overall flavor. Hope you’ll give this recipe a try, especially if you find yourself with an abundance of apples! This could also make a great treat for an autumnal gettogether.
GLUTEN FREE APPLE GALETTE
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup cold grass-fed butter or vegan butter
- 1 egg or flax egg
- ice cold water as needed
- 6 tablespoons sugar or coconut sugar, divided
- ¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts, ground in a mortar and pestle or chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 2-3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon milk or dairy free milk
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup
make the dough
- Mix together almond flour, arrowroot, and salt in a large bowl. Use a fork or pastry blender to cut in the butter until crumbly and no large chunks of butter/shortening remain. Mix in honey and egg.
- Dough should be moist, but hold together in a ball. If too dry, add a splash of water until the dough comes together easily. Divide the dough in half.
- Cover with plastic wrap and press each ball into a round disc. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until thoroughly chilled.
assemble and bake the galettes
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a large baking sheet or two medium baking sheets by covering them with parchment paper.
- Prepare two small bowls. In one bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons of the coconut sugar and the nuts. In the other bowl, mix together 3 more tablespoons of coconut sugar with cinnamon and cardamom.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, one portion at a time, into ⅛"-thick circular sheets, about 9" in diameter. Place one sheet of dough on the prepared baking sheet, keeping it to one side to make room for the second galette (if you are using two baking sheets, you don't have to worry about this). Leaving a 1-2 inch border, sprinkle the sheet of dough with half of the nut and sugar mixture. Arrange half of the sliced apples on top in any pattern you like. Sprinkle the apples with half of the sugar and spice mixture. Fold over the edges of the galette, working circularly, until the galette has a folded border. Repeat this process with the second portion of the dough.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dairy-free milk and maple syrup. Brush this mixture over the folded borders of the galettes. Bake the galettes for 40-45 minutes, until the dough is golden and the apples are soft and cooked through. Enjoy the apple galettes warm or at room temperature.
Apple Girl Mini Sticky Book
Mini Sticky Books from teNeues are a convenient way to bring notepaper along for lists, jotting down a phone number or errand, or passing a note to a friend.
Hsinping Pan's fun retro style and bold Apple Girl art is unexpected and playful. Hsinping's fun and happy artwork makes a great gift for friends of all ages.
• durable, pocket-sized hardcover book
• full-color artwork throughout
• 130 page sticky note pad, full color
• interior pocket
• measures 3.5 x 5 x .5"
Our full color designs are researched from the best talent around the world offering nicely priced little paper organizers and notebooks.
This one has a smooth hard cover and inside pocket great for business cards, receipts, stamps, etc. Our Sticky Note pad is full color printed for a little fashion.
Link to item: https://teneues.nyc/products/apple-girl-mini-sticky-book